1. Evans, J.L. and Gealt, M.A. (1985) The sterols of growth and stationary phases of Aspergillus nidulans. J Gen Micrbiol 131:279-284.
2. Evans, J.L., Moclock, M., and Gealt, M.A. (1986) The fatty acid composition of the conida and mycelia of the fungus Aspergillus nidulans. Can J Microbiol 32:179-181.
3. Evans, J.L. and Gealt, M.A. (1988) The 3-hydroxy-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A reductase of Aspergillus nidulans. Exper Mycol 12:132-40.
4. Evans, J.L and Witters, L.A. (1988) Quantitation by immunoblotting of the in vivo induction and subcellular distribution of hepatic acetyl-CoA carboxylase. Arch Biochem Biophys 264:103-113.
5. Witters, L.A., Watts, T.D., Daniels, D.L., and Evans, J.L. (1988) Insulin stimulates the dephosphorylation and activation of acetyl-CoA carboxylase. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 85:5473-5477.
6. Evans, J.L., Quistorff, B., and Witters, L.A. (1989) Zonation of hepatic lipogenc enzymes identified by dual-digitonin pulse perfusion. Biochem J 259:821-829.
7. Bianchi, A., Evans, J.L., Iverson, A.J., Watts, T.D., and Witters, L.A. (1990) Identification of an isozymic form of acety-CoA carboxylase. J Biol Chem 265:1502-1509.
8. Evans, J.L., Quistorff, B., and Witters, L.A. (1990) Hepatic zonation of acetyl-CoA carboxlase activity. Biochem J 270:665-672.
9. Bianchi, A., Evans, J.L., Norlund, A.C., Watts, T.D., and Witters, L.A. (1992) Acetyl-CoA carboxylase in Reuber hepatoma cells: variation in enzyme activity, insuln regulation, and cellular lipid content. J Cell Biochem 48:86-97.
10. Deems, R.O., Evans, J.L., Deacon, R.W., Honer, C.M., Chu, D.T., Burki, K., Fillers, W.S., Cohen, D.K., and Young, D.A. (1994) Expression of human GLUT4 in mice results in increased insulin action. Diabetologia 37:1097-1104.
11. Evans, J.L., Honer, C.M., Kaplan, E.L., Womelsdorf, B.E., and Bell, P.A. (1995) Effects of wortmannin on insulin-stimulated phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activity, glucose trasnport, anti-lipolysis, and DNA synthesis. Cellular Signalling 7:365-376.
12. Mueller, W.M., Stanhope, K.L., Gregoire, F., Evans, J.L., and Havel, P.J. (2000) Effects of metformin and vanadium on leptin secretion from cultured rat adipocytes. Obes Res 8:530-539.
13. Maddux, B.A., See, W., Lawrence, J.C. Jr., Goldfine, I.D., and Evans, J.L. (2001) Protection against oxidative stressinduced insulin resistance in rat L6 muscle cells by micromolar concentrations of alpha-lipoic acid. Diabetes 50:404-410.
14. Evans, J.L., Heymann, C.J., Goldfine, I.D., and Gavin, L.A. (2002) Pharmacokinetics, tolerability, and fructosamine-lowering effect of a novel controlled release formulation of alpha-lipoic acid. Endocrine Practice 8:29-35.
15. Li, M., Youngren, J.F., Goldfine, I.D., Maddux, B.A., Dunaif, A., Zhang, B.B., and Evans, J.L. (2002) Decreased insulin receptor autophosphorylation in fibroblasts from patients with PCOS: effcts of serine kinase inhibitors and insulin receptor activators. J Clin Endocrinol Metabol 87:4088-4093.
16. Pender, C., Youngren, J.F., Manchem, V.P., Evans, J.L., Rao, S.S., Bajjalieh, S., Maddux, B.A., and Goldfine, I.D. (2002) Regulation of insulin receptor function by a small molecule insulin receptor activator. J Biol Chem 277:43565-43571.
17. Song, Y., Quan, Z., Evans, J.L., Byrd, E.A., Liu-Y-M. (2004) Enhancing capillary LC MS/MS of biogenic amines by pre-column derivatization with 7-fluoro-nitrobenzoxadiazole. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 18:989-994.
18. Brown, M.K., Evans, J.L., Luo, Y. (2006) Beneficial effects of natural anti-oxidants EGCG and alpha-lipoic acid on life span and age-dependent behavioral declines in Caenorhabditis elegans. Pharm Biochem Behav 85:620-628. Epub 2006 Dec 5.
19. Albarracin, C.A., Fuqua, B.C., Evans, J.L., and Goldfine, I.D. (2007) Chromium picolinate and biotin combination improves glucose metabolism in treated, uncontrolled overweight to obese patients with type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 24:41-51. Epub May 16.
20. Lum, R.T., Cheng, M., Cristolal, C.P., Goldfine, I.D., Evans, J.L., Keck, J.G., Macsata, R.W., Manchem, V.P., Matsumoto, Y., Park, S.J., Rao, S.S., Robinson, L., Shi, S., Spevak, W.R., and Schow, S.R. (2008) The design, synthesis, and structure activity relationships of novel insulin receptor tyrosine kinase activators. J Med Chem 51:6173-6187. Epub 2008 Sep; DOI: 10.1021/jm800600v.